FOR MEDIA, PRESS AND ALL WHO SUPPORT A BULLET FREE SKY
We have created educational videos and short PSA in English and Spanish with a message regarding the dangers of Celebratory Gunfire. These videos contain facts, statistics and testimonials from victims and family members, along with a message from the HCSO (Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office), gun instructor, neuro surgeon and dramatization of the typical practice of celebratory gunfire.
Our educational videos have also been presented to Hillsborough County (public) middle and high school students through School Resource Deputies. We hope to see this type of education and awareness spread within the school systems and communities.
Please air these Educational Videos and PSA as much as possible before the 4th of July and New Year celebration:
All videos also available on our Home Page, YouTube channel and Facebook page.
Our website is now available in both English and Spanish versions. This includes
logos that can be used to print or order customized T-shirts, car magnets, pin buttons, etc... The sky is the limit for the public and other organizations to use this information and awareness material to spread this important message.
The irresponsible practice and tradition of Celebratory Gunfire takes place on the 4th of July and New Years Eve, more often than any other holiday celebration. Please do not rely on others to make a difference. This is a problem that affects us all. To see a change, we all need to take part in the solution. Education and awareness are essential in preventing Celebratory Gunfire.
We invite all who are concerned about the deadly practice of celebratory gunfire to take action. Bullets should not be falling from the sky, putting lives in danger while we celebrate. Everyone is at risk if someone near you or within miles of distance decides to use their gun to celebrate. This includes people who own guns and people who do not own guns. It is important to acknowledge the importance of gun safety. If you are drinking while celebrating any occasion, keep your firearms in a safe place. Think of the consequences before taking action. Help stop this reckless tradition so that we can celebrate life!
Bullet Free Sky invites the media, organizations, business owners and the public in general to take action and prevent celebratory gunfire by taking these simple steps:
· Share our PSA and Educational Videos as much as possible. News channels, Schools, Gun Instructors and all who are concerned, please spread the word as much as possible, especially during the week leading to the 4th of July and NYE.
· Visit www.bulletfreesky.org and click on "get involved".
Download and print flyers to share, display on news papers, television, your business, public billboards, community centers etc… We have designed a Billboard sign available for anyone interested in sponsoring a billboard to spread this message in their area of choice. Our logos are ready to print in English and Spanish for T-shirts, car magnets, mugs, pin buttons, etc...
· Police Agencies and those interested: Please visit Shotspotter at: www.shotspotter.com/celebratorygunfire
for strategies on how to reduce celebratory gunfire in your area.
· Talk about it! Tell your family, friends and neighbors that celebrating with firearms can take lives. Educate our future generation: We invite parents, teachers and students to discuss this message in class or show our video in your school's morning show at least a week leading to winter and summer breaks.
· Share our social media posts on Facebook and Twitter.
· VERY IMPORTANT: Notify the authorities if you see anyone shooting a gun to celebrate. Call your local police or sheriff office. Be sure to give them the time and exact location of the shootings. You can remain anonymous. You do not have to give your personal information but you DO need to give a specific location.
Thank you all for your support. Please take a few minutes to share this information and spread the word. Together, we can make a difference and save lives.
Wishing you all a safe and happy holiday,
Bullet Free Sky